LDC (Literacy Design Collaborative) Resources for Social Studies
- Alexander the Great
- Ancient India and China - (click HERE for anchor papers)
- British Industrial Revolution
- Caesar - Hero or Tyrant?
- A Case for Revolution
- Cold War
- Economic Systems - (click HERE for student work)
- Definitions of Democracy
- Evaluating the Treaty of Versailles
- Ideologies of 19th Century
- Impact of Geography on Population Density
- Influence of The Gettysburg Address
- Letter to Congress
- Liberty and Revolution - The Declaration of Independence
- US Involvement in Foreign Wars
- US Policy - Isolationism vs Aggression
Other Social Studies Resources
Writing in Social Studies Handbook - Michigan resource for implementing writing in Social Studies curriculum.
Social Studies Writing Resources - Booklet created by Portland Public Schools complete with strategies for writing and ideas for specific topics.
US History Writing Prompts - Collection of writing tasks geared toward United States History.
HistoryFix - Section of the WritingFix website that is specifically geared toward Social Studies/History writing.